- One of the Best Locations to celebrate in the entire Destin and 30A area!! Reviewed October 29, 2015 Perfect views of the gorgeous Gulf and sunsets! Efficient and friendly staff! Excellent food served hot and in perfect portions! Quiet atmosphere! Overall a special place to enjoy a special meal!
- Awesome Dinner Reviewed October 23, 2015 This was our first time there and it will not be our last. We celebrated our 36 year anniversary dinner there. Sat outside on the balcony and it was a wonderful experience. All of the food was great and we highly recommend this place and found that the prices were not to ...
- An Excellent Beachfront Experience Reviewed October 19, 2015 I had the venison entrée, and my wife had the snapper entrée. We both tried a couple of Pinot Noirs by the glass which by the way were served at the proper temperature. I don’t always find that to be the case. The property sits right on the beach. Our ...
- Excellent Reviewed October 17, 2015 My husband and I recently took his family for dinner here. We did not have reservations and Tommy was so accommodating. He was able to seat us at a fabulous table on the balcony with a wonderful view of the October sunset. The food was amazing, as was the wine. ...
- Delightful Experience Reviewed October 17, 2015 Atmosphere, service, sunset, food and presentation were fantastic. I am a tough critic and there was nothing that i felt they should have done better. The roses for the women at the end was a nice touch.
- Enjoyed Our Meal Reviewed October 14, 2015 We chose the Beach Walk at Henderson Park while we were guest at the Henderson Park Inn. This was our second visit to this restaurant and we enjoyed it this time as much as we did last time. We both chose the special, Cowboy Ribeye. Perfect! I’m glad we didn’t ...
- Romantic Dinner and Sunset to Match Reviewed October 12, 2015 Outstanding restaurant with views to match. A must try for anyone in Destin. Reserving an outside table means taking a chance on the weather but the risk is well worth the reward.
- Fit For Foodies Reviewed October 11, 2015 This was a spectacular dining experience. True chefs creations throughout. Our gourmet meals were pricey vs. other dining options in the area but not out of reach. Free valet if you’re not staying at the inn. Service was very good. Vibe was excellent as was the wine list (many by the ...
- Wonderful Meal During Our Stay at the Inn Reviewed October 3, 2015 My husband and I decided to finish off a wonderful day on the beach with a romantic dinner at Beach Walk. The restaurant is definitely appropriate for special occasion meals or for enjoying the company of someone special. We both selected the filet mignon with asparagus and bacon gruyere mac ...
- Couldn’t Have Had a Better Anniversary Reviewed October 2, 2015 My husband surprised me with reservations at Beach Walk Cafe and when I arrived there was a bottle of a fantastic cab on the table and a scrumptious little cheese plate. We ordered two delectable signature dishes and nearly licked the plate. We topped the night off with the bread ...
- Wow! If this isn’t 5-star, it should be Reviewed September 30, 2015 We stayed at the Inn for the weekend and heard from friends that the restaurant was excellent…and how! The Tuscan bread was delicious. I had the Kung Pao shrimp appetizer. The 3 jumbo shrimp were wonderful. For my entree I had the pecan crusted grouper with a glass of Sauvingon ...
- Exceptional Fine Dining! Romantic! Reviewed September 29, 2015 Amazing! The caesar salad is fantastic! The cheese plate is a great starter. The scallops topped with crab is phenomenal! The beach walk filet is tasty and the garlic mashed potatoes are so good! I would definitely go back. 🙂 (I received a red rose from them just because…It was ...
- Fine dining. Excellent experience Reviewed September 28, 2015 My husband and I had dinner here while visiting Ft. Walton. I can’t say enough good things about Beachwalk. We dined on the deck and it was perfect. Breeze blowing, listening to ocean waves, eating wonderful food, it doesn’t get any better. We had the eggplant and crabmeat appetizer ...
- One of the Best Reviewed November 24, 2014 My husband, myself, and my best friend had dinner here on 11/22/2014 for my birthday. Upon immediately walking in we were greeted by the host, he was very inviting and light spoken. The place is a very quaint B&B type of place. We were shown to our table immediately (we had reservations). ...
- Absolutely Amazing – Toes in the sand dining Reviewed October 15, 2014 We experienced the Toes in the Sand dining for our anniversary. The table was nothing less than amazing, the food incredible and the service beyond all expectations making this the most amazing dining experience in out 37 years of marriage. A truly magical dinner.
- Excellent food and service… Spectacular sunset view Reviewed October 19, 2014 We had dinner at the Beach Walk during the last night of our wonderful stay at the Henderson Park Inn. It was, as it has been on past visits, one of the best dinners we had our entire trip and that is saying something! There are nice specials each evening and we have ...
- Perfect Evening – arrive in time for breathtaking sunset Reviewed October 6, 2014 Our dining experience at Beach Walk Henderson Park Inn was simply outstanding from the moment we arrived. The valet was smiling and energetic, our outdoor table was already prepared and absolutely perfect with the most spectacular sunset view — and our server, Lindsey, was just fantastic. There were six in our party ...
- Great dinner, creative menu, terrific service, wonderful view Dined September 2014 Very scenic setting, probably the best restaurant in Destin. Located at the Henderson Park Inn. Get an outdoor seat or one near a window.
- Best Restaurant in Destin Dined September 2014 We recently visited Destin for the first time. After visiting several seafood restaurants that served just ok food, we finally found the best Destin has to offer at The Beach Walk at Henderson Park Inn. The service is outstanding. The food was delicious and the Key Lime Pie was the best we’ve ever ...
- Flawless Dined September 2014 We ate at Beach Walk on our second night in Destin. We’d had a terrible experience the night before at Dewey Destin and were beginning to wonder if all the restaurants here served below average food at above average prices. Suffice to say, Beach Walk renewed our faith in Emerald Coast eateries. The welcoming ...
By far, the finest restaurant – FIVE STARS
Dined on 07/23/2011
By far, the finest restaurant in the Destin, FL area.
We love the new location – FIVE STARS
Dined on 06/15/2011
We love the new location! The view was spectacular and the food incredible as always. I especially enjoyed the Grouper Vince and the bread pudding. Thanks for another wonderful dining experience.
Local restaurants named ‘Florida’s 500 Best’
In April, Henderson Park Inn’s Beach Walk Restaurant reopened under the direction of chefs Greg Dupas and Charles Lee. Both were formerly with Marina Café and Beach Walk Café.
After taking our drink order, our server, Bernadette, brought us a basket of rustic Tuscan bread and prepared a dipping sauce of Parmesan cheese, fresh garlic and spices. We have been to quite a few restaurants that do this, but no one’s dipping sauce has compared to Beach Walk’s. We finished the first basket of bread, and Bernadette was happy to bring us more.
The Food: We chose the special appetizer of the evening, stacked portabella mushrooms, to begin our meal. A mixture of sautéed spinach and goat cheese was placed between two grilled portabella mushrooms. Other choices included a tomato and shrimp soup, crab meat spring rolls, tempura lobster tail, Kung Pao shrimp, eggplant medallions with crabmeat, crab cakes and grouper cheeks.
Beach Walk offers a classic Caesar salad, a house salad, romaine wedge and a caprese. Our choices were the House and the caprese. If you have ever ordered a house salad and been disappointed with iceberg lettuce and a wedge of tomato, this definitely won’t be the case at Beach Walk. Their house salad includes Boston bibb lettuce, Kumato tomatoes, Vidalia onions, carrots, cucumber, purple cabbage and, feta cheese and is served with a cilantro and sundried tomato vinaigrette. The generous caprese salad, with house-made mozzarella, is also a wonderful option.
Beach Walk Café offers 10 entrees including fish, shrimp, chicken, venison and beef. There are also several specials each evening. The evening of our visit, we chose one of the specials, the grilled duck breast, and a menu item, the filet and lobster tail.
The perfectly grilled, soy glazed duck breast was served sliced on a bed of basmati rice with wild mushrooms and broccolini. The chargrilled 8-ounce center cut filet was paired with a broiled 7-ounce lobster tail. The filet was perfectly cooked and melt-in-your mouth tender. Fingerling potatoes and broccolini completed the plate.
Make sure you leave room for dessert. The night of our visit, a bread pudding had been added to the menu. Since we were the first guests to order it, Chef Lee himself brought the dessert to our table. A delicious warm apple cinnamon bread pudding was served over a thick berry puree with two scoops of vanilla ice cream.
The Service: Our server was knowledgeable about the food and enjoyed talking about its preparation when asked. Attention to detail and the fact that everyone goes out of their way to make your dining experience special makes for excellent service. For example, when the bill was presented to the gentleman, each lady was given a long-stemmed red rose.
A final taste: If you are looking for a dining experience with wonderful food in a beautiful setting with excellent service, visit Henderson Park Inn’s Beach Walk Café.
Local restaurants named ‘Florida’s 500 Best ‘
Northwest Florida Daily News
Southern Living Readers’ Choice Award for Best Beach Destination: DESTIN
Southern Living readers from Texas to Delaware chose Best Beach Destination winners:
Life’s A Beach
Sea Ray Living advertorial
Charming Inn Offers All-Inclusive Exclusivity for Grown-ups
The Henderson Park Inn, Destin, Florida
Enjoying The Good Life at Henderson Park Inn
Taste of the Beach – Henderson Park Inn
Florida Travel & Life advertorial
Dawn Moliterno on Henderson Park Inn
The Walton Co. Business Journal
Destin’s Beaches Beckon Mid-Southerners
Jewish Scene Magazine
Henderson Park Inn – The Best of Florida
Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles
Destin’s Best Inn
Southern Living website
Summer Travel Season: New Attractions
Birmingham News Article
Where to stay, eat along Gulf
The Huntsville Times
Sea Side Serenity
DESTINation: Quaint B & B offers a different side of beach life
At the End of the Old Beach Road: Henderson Park Inn
Best of the Beach-Enjoy the romance of the Henderson Park Inn
Gulf Coast Getaways
New Orleans Magazine
Visiting Destin, Fla, …, native beauty can be found
The Mississippi Press
Henderson Park Inn offers a private retreat on the beach
The Walton Sun
Wine Tasting at Henderson Park Inn
The Destin Log
“The inn is perfect for romantic getaways, honeymoons or a relaxing vacation.”